Step By Step Procedure
Ensure Perfect Booking For A Perfect Delivery:
- Use a corrugated box or a rigid carton of adequate strength.
- Check the weight specification of the box / carton.
- Do not over-stuff it and do not exceed the weight specification.
- Provide internal protection with adequate cushioning material.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping. Tape should be at least 2″ wide, but preferably
- Use proper labeling that clearly shows Origin and Destination address, including
phone numbers and PIN codes.
Some Packaging Suggestions
Ensure Perfect Booking For Perfect Delivery:
- CDs/DVDs: Packing must be in padded envelopes or in blister-proof packing.
- Sample medical vials: Must have adequate protection inside the packing so that the
same do not move.
- Shredded paper can be used for packing such materials.
- Foodstuff samples like, Tea, Rice, Grains, Pulses, etc: Fabric-reinforced envelopes
must be used. Plain covers should not be used.
- Books: Must be packed in cartons / wooden cases. If in cartons, two strappings must
be done to ensure that the contents hold together.
- Textile goods: Must be first wrapped in polythene or any suitable waterproof material
and then covered with strong Hessian / Jute cloth.
- Electronic articles: Must be packed in adequate-ply corrugated cartons.
Some Useful Tips for Packaging International Shipments
No consignment can travel up to the destination in sealed condition. It will be
opened and checked at various check-points. Therefore packaging must be strong enough
to sustain the pressures of journey. Under any circumstances Overnite will not be
responsible for any damage/breakage of the consignment in transit.
- Ensure that the packing box is suitable in size and strength to hold its contents.
- Ensure that the cushioning material is stuffed generously in the box.
- Use of strapping is a good way to seal the box as it supports even weaker boxes.
- Fragile items should always be packed by a professional packer with proper markings
indicating it as FRAGILE.
- Ensure that specially designed boxes are used for packing floppies and video-cassettes.
- Ensure that while packing sharp items like Knives, Scissors etc. the edges and points
of these items are fully protected.
- Shipments packed in wooden box should have an openable lid, which can be opened
and re-locked again and again.
- Ensure that no single package weighs more than 35 Kgs.